If you’re considering selling any gold Sovereigns coins, make sure you’re getting a fair price. Many gold dealers will only offer a price based on the bullion value of a gold sovereign, regardless of its condition or scarcity. Some specialist coin dealers even require you to advise them that a coin is particularly rare or collectable! The Gold Sovereign Expert website is owned and operated by Gold-Traders (UK) Ltd. We are an established precious metals dealer and will be happy to value your coins.
Selling Sovereigns to us
We have tried to make the valuation process as simple and as straightforward as possible. Please follow the process, detailed below.
- Complete a copy of our simple online claim form.
- When you submit the form, you’ll be asked to print a copy for signing. If you don’t have a printer, please hand write the detail of the form in a letter.
- If you elect for payment into your bank account (it’s our recommended option & free), you’ll see a section on your paperwork to hand write your bank details in.
- Follow our instructions regarding packaging and postage. You’ll be sending your package via insured Special Delivery, to the address printed at the bottom of your claim form.
- We deal with all packages on the day of receipt, Monday to Friday. We will contact you with our valuation and if you are happy for us to proceed, payment will be issued immediately.
- If for any reason you change your mind, your coins will be returned to you via Royal Mail Special Deliver, at our cost.
When calculating the value of a sovereign, we take into consideration the following points:
- The year of mintage
- the mint mark
- the condition of the coin
- bullion / brilliant uncirculated / proof issue?
- minting errors.
Today’s bullion value for Sovereigns
As you read this, the bullion value of a full gold sovereign stands at £. You should expect a reputable dealer to offer a few percent below this when selling bullion grade coins.
Get your Sovereign valued
Unfortunately, it is impossible to give an accurate valuation over the telephone. We will need to physically see your coin(s) before committing to anything over & above the basic bullion price. Please complete a copy of our online claim form, via our sister site, Gold-Traders (UK) Ltd.